Building liquidsoap from source
From every sub-project's directory (ocaml-vorbis, ocaml-dtools, liquidsoap,
etc.) you can build using
make and optionally install using
If you are using the
or the latest source code from our
there is also a fast procedure for building liquidsoap
that doesn't require installing the libraries provided by Savonet.
The steps to follow are simple.
If you are using the git sources, you need to initialize all submodules
make update and finally
You should now choose which features you want to enable when building liquidsoap.
Each shipped feature can be enabled/disabled by editing the
Depending on your version you might have to first copy
Then run the usual commands:
Here are liquidsoap's dependencies. All OCaml libraries are distributed by Savonet, except when linked. You may refer to the liquidsoap INSTALL file for required versions of the libraries:
And also optional dependencies. For most of these, you also need
the associated C/C++ library, which is usually provided by your distribution's
packaging system. You may as well need additional dependencies, such as
for building bindings built on top of C++ libraries, as marked below and possibly
- ocaml-ogg for ogg audio and video formats
- ocaml-vorbis for ogg/vorbis audio encoding and decoding
- ocaml-cry for Icecast/Shoutcast streaming
- ocaml-mad for mp3 decoding
- ocaml-lame for mp3 encoding
- ocaml-shine for fixed-point mp3 encoding
- ocaml-faac for AAC encoding
- ocaml-fdkaac for AAC(+) encoding. Replacement candidate for both voaac and aacplus
- ocaml-flac for native flac and ogg/flac encoding/decoding
- ocaml-theora for ogg/theora encoding/decoding
- ocaml-gavl for video conversion
- ocaml-samplerate for audio samplerate conversion
ocaml-taglib for MP3 audio tag reading (needs
- ocaml-magic for file type detection. This library is very useful for reading mp3 files. If not enabled, liquidsoap may accept as mp3 files that do not contains mp3 data, such as jpeg pictures.
- ocaml-xmlplaylist for XML-based playlist formats
ocaml-soundtouch for soundtouch audio effects (need
- ocaml-lastfm and ocaml-xmllight for lastfm protocol support
- camomile for detecting metadata encoding and re-encoding them to utf8
- ocaml-alsa for ALSA input/output
- ocaml-ao for AO I/O
- ocaml-portaudio for Portaudio I/O
- ocaml-bjack for Jack output/input
- ocaml-ladspa for LADSPA plugins
- camlimages for image decoding
- ocaml-sdl for display, font & image support
- ocaml-inotify to monitor file changes, in particular with playlists.
Runtime dependencies include:
And other that you'll find on the project page, or in liquidsoap-full tarball.